Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Designer Showcase Contest Week 3 Entries

Ok I am choosing 2 more designers to feature this evening while waiting for more submissions.

Tonight's entrants are Paper & Cake and Flowerskissing


Our first featured designer is: Paper & Cake
They are located in Long Beach.
They specialize in Party Printables.

Here is some background from the owner I pulled from Etsy.com:
Hi, I'm Abigail, and I do love a good party!

It must be genetic. My mother tells me the story of my five-year birthday party, how all I wanted for my gift was a clown costume, which, of course, I wore to the party. It was a pink and blue polka dotted number with a solid pink neck ruffle and a pointed hat topped with a yarn tuft. Could that have been the start of my love for themed parties?

I fondly remember planning a 1st birthday party for my now 9 year old daughter. Even back in 2003, I was adamant that I would not buy a prepackaged "kit" of birthday supplies. No Dora, no Thomas the Train and NO princesses! Once I had arrogantly announced this plan to my friends I couldn't then go back on my word, even after I discovered how difficult it was to create everything from the ground up. Oh, the pressures of your child’s very first birthday party! Thankfully, I had a computer, a degree in graphic design and DNA saturated with creativity.

In 2008, Paper & Cake was launched with a nod to my past and an eye on the future of entertaining - printable partyware.

Each printable partyware collection is a uniquely designed themed party, which includes 10-15 items, such as; invitation, pennant banner, favor box, party food labels and cupcake toppers. Upon downloading a party collection PDF from the website, customers can easily personalize text on many of the party items - no specialty software required. Specifically designed to be quick and easy to put together, every item is formatted to print on 8 1/2 x 11” paper, and can be assembled using nothing more than scissors and tape.

Saving the planet one party at a time.

Here are their links:
http://www.paperandcake.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/paperandcake
http://www.facebook.com/paperandcake?sk=info#!/paperandcake?sk=info

Now here is some of their work:










Our second designer this evening is: Flowerskissing
They are located in Wildomar, California
They specialize in: Cards, Frames, Binkie Leashes, Bow/Headband Holders, Sports Frames and MORE!

Here is some background info found on Etsy.com:
I'm a Wife to such a wonderful man. A mother of a Princess and Prince and also a SAHM!!! I have always loved crafting since I was young with my Grandma. It has turned into making things that I love for the newest adddition to the family and for all of you out there looking for something unique.

You can find them at:
http://www.flowerskissing.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/flowerskissingscreations?sk=info

Here are some pictures of their work:










Another great nite of designers. I love seeing what people create--it makes me want to create!!

Have a great night,
Wendy

3 comments:

  1. That is SO AWESOME!!! Thank you! I am over joyed that you included my shop!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!!! Congrats Amanda!! You deserve it...your shop is truly amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome shops!!! I am addicted to flowerskissing!

    ReplyDelete